Jan 08 2009
Some of you know that I am into bento-ing right now and has been learning to make simple snacks to ‘decorate’ my bentos. I can tell you it is not as easy as it seems as my boy is beginning to be very picky with his food now. A few weeks ago, he told me he don’t like vege! All this while he has been a good boy eating almost anything I served him.
Sometimes it can be brain cracking… since I have to think about the designs to come out for my cupcake projects. Even though I don’t have much time to spare these days, I will still try to lurk in some really good recipes blogs to get some ideas. Today’s idea came from my favorite blog. Aunty Yochana has been very inspiring and I learned a lot just by browsing her blog.
I have some white bread and want to get rid of them so my fridge will have some space so I decided to bake some bread pizza. I had some tomato paste from one of my pizza making adventure earlier and thought it a good idea to clear the tomato paste.
To make the beautiful shape, I used a flower cutter to cut and squeeze each piece into the muffin tray after spreading them with some tomato paste.
- 6 slices of Bread (White or Wholemeal)
- 1 slice Chicken ham (cut into small squares)
- 1/4 cup Mixed vegetables (corn, green peas & carrot)
- Mayonnaise (to mix with ham and mixed vege)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (cut into small strips)
- Tomato paste (for spreading on bread)
- Cut out the flower shaped bread using the cutter and spread a thin layer of tomato paste in the centre and squeeze into muffin pan cavities.
- Mix Mayonnaise and mixed vegetable and ham pieces and slowly scoop into each ‘flower bowl’ and topped with cheddar cheese strips.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.