Jul 19 2010
Now that my baby is at the stage where she is getting more active and mobile, I have less time to prepare lunch hence I will cook and freeze some food which my boy likes. All I need to do is to reheat these frozen food stash before I go and fetch him from school.
One of these is pasta/spaghetti with bolognese sauce. The sauce can be kept in the freeze up to a month. All I need to do is to put appropriate portion into small containers and deep freeze them once they have cooled down.
- 500g Meat (chicken/pork/beef) minced/ground
- 80g Frozen mixed vege – optional
- 4 Button Mushroom (sliced/coarsely chopped) – optional
- 1 jar Bolognese/pasta sauce – I used the 575g jar
- Pepper and salt for taste
- 250g pasta
- Olive oil (to fry the meat and to seperate pasta/spaghetti)
- Heat up a frying pan with some olive oil and stir-fry minced meat till 70% cooked.
- Toss in the mix vege & sliced button mushroom and continue to stir.
- Add in the bolognese/pasta sauce and mixed well and add in water (about 1/2 cup). Stir till cook and sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
- In a pot, boil 1.5 little of water, add a teaspoon of salt and wait till boil before tossing in pasta/spaghetti and cook according direction on the package. Drain and add in some olive oil to avoid them from sticking to each other.