Mar 21 2012
I am not a dessert person nor do I have sweet tooth though I love to bake and decorate cakes! I just love looking at pretty cakes and dessert especially petite four. However, once in a while I do crave for some sweet delights. Like today.
Have been wanting to eat egg tarts for so long so I went around the net and try looking for the simplest recipe to start off with. Also, I need to check the ingredients I have on hand and looking through Su’s site, I got one which is extreme simple with minimal ingredients involved! Yippee!
I just love how flaky these tarts were and they are not the least sweet! The only down side was… the recipe only yields 6 tarts…
- ¼ cup Full cream milk
- ¼ cup Whipping cream
- 4 tbsp Castor sugar
- 3 Egg yolks beaten
- 300g Puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (depending on your oven)
- Pour full cream milk and whipping cream into a glass bowl and put into microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Once boil, remove from microwave and add in the sugar, mix till dissolved. Heat in the microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Take out and add in the beaten egg yolks in a thin stream with a balloon whisk.
- Cut out the puff pastry using the biggest circle (which can line your cupcake tray mould). Line the mould with at least 2 layers of the biggest circle and another one smaller circle (1cm smaller) and lightly press the pastry to fill up the mould.
- Slowly pour in the mixture into all the shells and pop into oven for 30mins or until you see the centre pop up with brownish sides…