Jun 25 2012
I thought only during spring and summer the strawberries are on sale but was surprised to find ‘winter strawberries’ in Aldi last weekend so bought a few boxes! And guess what? They were sweet!
There were some ripe bananas on the counter and I thought why not bake some muffins? And how about adding some strawberries since I have so many??? They were yummy!!! The sweetness from the banana is neutralized by the mild acidity from the strawberries which make them perfect!
I just love them when they are warm!
- 2½ cup Self raising flour
- ¾ cup Raw sugar (you can use brown sugar)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2tbsp Sunflower oil (you can use margerine)
- 1tsp Vanilla essense
- 2 ripe Banana (mashed)
- ½ cup Strawberries (cubed and some sliced for deco)
- In a big mixing bowl, place flour, sugar, mashed banana, vanilla essence, milk and margerine together.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and pour into the big mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix them well and incorporated.
- Add in the cubed strawberries and mix them into the batter.
- Fill into prepared muffin liners in regular muffin pan about ½ full.
- Place some sliced strawberry on each cavity before baking in oven at 180ºC.
- Yields about 16 muffins.