1 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup Butter or margarine
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Orange peel — shredded
1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
3/4 cup Cranberries — chopped
1/4 cup Walnuts — chopped
1 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Orange peel — shredded
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large mixer bowl beat butter or margarine till softened.
- Add brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and orange peel and beat well. Add flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
- Stir in oats, cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375* oven for 10-12 minutes or till done.
- Remove and cool. Dip tops of cookies in orange icing to coat.